Bespoke Professionals is currently seeking a Senior Associate specialising in construction for a Global law firm. The role sits in the firm’s construction team and will be based in their Doha offices. The team deals with a large variety of litigation and transaction work, including projects that are on a large scale and have a high profile within the local and international construction market.
The candidate must have the following:
- Strong academic background and training from a recognised international firm/practice;
- 5+ years construction experience gained at a reputable law firm with a strong reputation in the field of construction litigation and international arbitration;
- An ability to work on both contentious and non-contentious matters is essential;
- Regional construction experience is necessary;
- A real interest in marketing/business development and the ability to foster long term relationships;
- A willingness to assume responsibility and take a pro-active and commercial approach to issues;
- An ability to work in a team and autonomously;
- Pro-active and commercial approach; and
- Drive, enthusiasm and flexibility.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To manage a caseload of mainly contentious construction matters;
- To assist Partners with advisory work during project construction phase;
- To draft and negotiate a wide variety of building/ engineering contracts;
- To provide advice on warranties, guarantees and appointment documentation;
- To assist Partners in delegation of work to and supervision of juniors in team;
- To work closely with clients and continually developing the aptitude to foster long term client relationships; and
- To actively participate in practice group business development.
Advantages of the role:
- Working on large scale, high profile projects in the local and international construction market;
- Opportunity to actively participate in practice group business development;
- Working with and growing relationship with clients who work in a wide range of industries;
- Scope for personal and professional development; and
- Competitive salary and benefits.
If you are interested and wish to discuss the role further, please send your CV to email@example.com.