An international law firm with offices in the Middle East is expanding its TMT practice in Dubai and are now focusing on a mixed role with a broad commercial workload. Due to the growth in their practice, they are seeking a mid-level Associate to cover a broad range of commercial and TMT matters.
The commercial team specializes in IP, Real Estate, Telecoms, Media and Technology and advises on all kinds of commercial matters such as agency, distribution, franchising.
The role focuses on:
- Carrying out research on TMT legal issues including telecoms and media regulation, cloud computing, software development and licensing, content distribution, e-commerce, mobile payments, data protection and cybersecurity.
- Supporting M&A and corporate transactions and other wider projects with specialist Commercial/TMT due diligence, research and ancillary contracts.
- Drafting advice to clients on Commercial and TMT legal issues.
- Drafting various commercial agreements covering supply, distribution, consultancy and advertising.
- Supporting the Commercial/TMT team on larger-scale technology procurement, transformational IT and outsourcing projects.
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of proposals, pitches, presentations and legal training materials.
The firm is ideally looking for:
- A PQE level of 2 - 4 years
- A strong academic background, training and experience gained with a well recognized firm, with an established presence in the Commercial/TMT sector;
- A Science degree or previous Science background would be an advantage;
- a genuine interest in developing their career with the leading Commercial/TMT practice in the Middle East;
- Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage.
If you are interested to discuss the role or looking for opportunities in the region, please send your CV to email@example.com.